Terms & Conditions
1. Each person who participates in “Win Complimentary 2-Night Staycation in Dubai for 2” contest (the ‘Contest’) shall, for purposes of these Terms & Conditions, be referred to as a “registered user”.
2. By participating in the Contest:
(i) Registered users are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the Terms & Conditions set out herein, as well as any other requirements set out in any related promotional material, and all amendments, additions, replacements and modifications thereto as may be made from time to time;
(ii) Registered users are also deemed to have confirmed that they are not breaching any laws in their country of residence regarding the legality of entering this Contest. The Ascott Limited (“ASCOTT”) will not be held responsible for any participant entering the Contest unlawfully.
3. This Contest is organised and conducted by ASCOTT.
4. The Contest shall commence on Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:00PM UAE Time and end on Sunday, June 28, 2020 11:59PM UAE Time (“Contest Period”)
5. Directors, employees (and/or immediate family members of such directors or employees) of ASCOTT, CapitaLand Limited and all related companies, ASCOTT's appointed agency (including Section Private Limited), and any other persons involved in organising, promoting and/or conducting the lucky draw, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of this Clause, 'immediate family members' shall include spouses, children, parents, parents-in-law and siblings.
6. Save as provided in Clause 5, the Contest is open to all natural persons (i.e. not a corporate or business entity, association, society or other similar entity) who satisfy all of the following:
(i) aged eighteen (18) and above as of the day of submission;
(ii) who have accounts on Instagram (if you have not already registered for your free Instagram account, visit www.instagram.com and follow the instructions to sign up).
7. The conceptual details of the Contest are as under:
(i) The Contest is being run on the The Ascott ME, Africa & Turkey Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/ascottmea/) as a Instagram post (hereinafter referred as “Post”).
(ii) In order to participate in the Contest, each Participant is to Follow the The Ascott ME, Africa & Turkey page, tag their favourite travel buddy and describe his/her ‘Vacation Must-do’s’. By participating, the registered user agrees with and will participate in strict compliance with the terms and conditions as stated herein.
8. Only one (1) entry is allowed, per registered user and per platform.
9. Upon submission of the Entries, ASCOTT shall select one winner from the list of Participants who have provided the right answer as to the number of illustrations in the photo through a Random Choice Generator Apps. ASCOTT reserves the right to select the winner of the Contest at its own discretion.
10. One unique user will be declared the winner.
11. The prize shall be awarded based on the sole and absolute discretion of ASCOTT.
12. One unique winner will be selected at the end of the Contest to receive the following prize:
x 2-Nights stay at Ascott Park Place Dubai in a One-bedroom apartment
13. Reservation for complimentary stay must be made 21 working days in advance and is subject to availability and blackout periods.
14. No changes will be permitted on the Prize that has been issued.
15. Two (2) complimentary nights must be utilised consecutively in the same property; for room stay only. All other expenses incurred during the stay are to be borne by the winner.
16. All prizes are non-redeemable in parts, non-transferrable and may only be utilized by the winner. No cash or credit alternatives would be offered.
17. Any additional room night(s) booked in conjunction with the use of the Prize will be subject to standard booking conditions and any expenses incurred will be solely and entirely covered by the winner.
18. The claiming of the Prize is not valid with the use of other vouchers, discounts, privileges and/or promotions.
19. The Prize shall not be exchangeable for cash, non-refundable and non-transferable, subject to availability. The value of the prize may vary.
20. The winner will be announced on The Ascott ME, Africa & Turkey Instagram page via a Winner’s post that will follow the Contest post, within one (1) week after Contest Period.
21. The winner must utilise the prize in full within six (6) months from the date of the announcement of winner. The winner must present the original notification letter from ASCOTT pertaining to the award of the prize of the contest and passport at the designated ASCOTT property. In the event of no show, the prize will be forfeited.
22. The winner of the contest will have to drop us a private message on The Ascott ME, Africa & Turkey Instagram page (ascottmea) and provide his/her full name per passport, mailing address, email address and mobile phone number within a month, upon announcement of the winner on Instagram. By providing such personal data, the winner consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data for the purpose of identity verification and prize redemption/award by ASCOTT and its properties.
23. If, for any reason, the winner(s) did not contact ASCOTT within a month or if any winner does not acknowledge receipt of the prize within a period of time as determined by ASCOTT, ASCOTT reserves the right to award the prize to a replacement winner, forfeit the Prize and/or donate the prize to charity. The winner shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation in any form from ASCOTT.
24. ASCOTT reserves the right to amend or substitute the Prize at any time without prior notice to the winners.
25. ASCOTT shall not be responsible for any administrative arrangements, bookings, payments and/or costs, such as (including but not limited to) booking of stay or change of stay in relation to or for the Prize.
26. ASCOTT assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever in respect of any defect or deficiency in the Prize (or any part thereof) or the nature/consumption of the Prize (or any part thereof) and will not entertain any direct or indirect correspondence with anyone in this regard.
27. In the event of any dispute, the winner's entitlement is subject to the sole discretion and final determination of ASCOTT.
28. ASCOTT reserves the right to select one or more reserve candidates to replace the winner if subsequently found to be disqualified or who fails to claim the prize.
29. In accepting the Prize, the winner irrevocably agrees and consents, and warrants that he/she shall procure and have obtained his/her guests’ agreements and consents, to ASCOTT taking photographs and videos of them during the stay and publishing such photographs and videos (together with their names) on ASCOTT’s website, publicity material and social media platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). The winner undertakes, for him/herself and on behalf of his/her guests, not to withdraw such consent at any time and waives any right to do so and further agrees that any attempted or purported withdrawal may be regarded as invalid. The winner also acknowledges and irrevocably agrees, for him/herself and on behalf of his/her guests, that ASCOTT shall have the right without limit in time to use, modify, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, translate, create derivative works from, later and publicly display and publish such photographs and videos exclusively and free of royalty, charge or fee, for its publicity purposes, in any form or media worldwide.
30. The registered user warrants that all information submitted by him/her in the Entry is true, current and complete.
31. The registered user irrevocably agrees that ASCOTT may, and irrevocably grants ASCOTT the right to, use, reproduce, publish and redistribute the registered user’s submissions (in its original form or edited form) as well as the registered user’s Facebook and Instagram display names and profile pictures, without charge or fee, for ASCOTT’s publicity and other purposes and further agrees that ASCOTT shall have no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.
32. Registered users are providing information to ASCOTT and not to Facebook or Instagram. All received information will not be disclosed to any other organisations unaffiliated to ASCOTT. All information provided may be used for research and statistics, and will not be sold or given to any third party.
33. ASCOTT may reject any entry on any basis including, but not limited to, incomplete entry, fraud and/or failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions stated herein.
34. ASCOTT’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest is final, conclusive and binding on all registered users and the Winner, and no enquiries or correspondence will be entertained.
35. ASCOTT reserves the right to disqualify, block and/or discard any entries or votes from any person who (i) enters, votes or garners votes by any kind of script, macro, robotic, electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process, or (ii) who is or may be likely to be involved in any of the actions in (i), as determined by ASCOTT in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of the law and should such an attempt be made, ASCOTT reserves to take any action permitted under the law against any such person. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices, software or other methods deemed illegitimate in the Contest by ASCOTT will result in disqualification without any prior notice given.
36. ASCOTT also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in the event of a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other causes which, in its sole and absolute opinion, corrupts or may corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation due to whatsoever reasons, ASCOTT shall be entitled to award the Prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation which are found valid and free from any irregularity.
37. Registered users may be required to produce proof of being the Authorised Account Holder associated with the registered email addresses on their Facebook and Instagram accounts. An "Authorised Account Holder" is defined as a natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organisation which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
38. ASCOTT reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry, which in the opinion of ASCOTT, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements. ASCOTT also reserves the right to disqualify any participant who tampers with the entry process with or without malice, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of ASCOTT, engaged in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally or potentially damaging to the goodwill or reputation of ASCOTT. This includes, but is not limited, personal data of a registered user. ASCOTT reserves the right to disqualify a winner if ASCOTT becomes aware or reasonably suspects that the winner and/or the winner’s entry are of a type as described in this clause.
39. If for any reason (set out in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise) the Contest cannot proceed or be completed, ASCOTT may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or invalidate any affected entries without giving prior notice to the registered users. In the event of such occurrence, ASCOTT may, at its sole discretion, post a notice via the Ascott The Residence Facebook and Instagram Pages, but ASCOTT shall not be under any obligation to do so. Registered users shall not be entitled to any damages or compensation whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of such amendment or termination.
40. By entering into the Contest, each participant agrees that:
(i) ASCOTT is not responsible and shall not be liable for any hyperlink to any other website and any reference to any website, entity, product or service is not an endorsement or verification by ASCOTT of such website, entity, product or service, or responsible for the content of any of the foregoing;
(ii) ASCOTT hereby excludes all liability in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any losses, death or personal injury, damages, costs, revenues, anticipated savings or expenses (including special incidental or direct or indirect consequential loss or damage and loss of profits) incurred or suffered by registered users howsoever arising out of or in any way connected with the Contest or its Prize and each participant agrees to indemnify ASCOTT for all losses, damages, costs, or expenses suffered by ASCOTT arising directly or indirectly in connection with their participation in the Contest.
41. ASCOTT and any of their authorised agencies shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss arising out of or directly and/or indirectly in connection with the Contest and/or the Facebook or Instagram app (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in false light). Each registered user agrees to indemnify and hold ASCOTT harmless from and against any and all claim, loss or damage incurred by the participant or by any other party in relation to the Contest.
42. ASCOTT has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend these Terms and Conditions, and to terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice.
43. Participation in this Contest shall constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions herein and any subsequent amendment(s) thereof. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions shall result in forfeiture of participation in this Contest.
44. In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions with any other form of publicity collaterals relating to the Contest, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
45. Any provision in the Terms & Conditions which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining unaffected provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
46. The Contest and its Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and all registered users and the winners agree to irrevocably submit themselves to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith.
47. The Terms and Conditions listed are not intended to confer rights to any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B).
48. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to The Ascott Limited and not to Facebook. Questions, comments or complaints concerning this Contest are to be addressed to ASCOTT and not to Facebook. Facebook is to be released from all damages, losses and expenses of all kind, which might result in claims regarding the Contest.
49. If you have any questions about the Contest, drop us a private message on The Ascott ME, Africa & Turkey Instagram page (ascottmea). Please state the name of the Contest in your correspondence.