Share your stay-home cooking moments and help support children impacted by COVID-19
Wherever your home is at this moment, we would like you to join us in staying home to be socially responsible and do good by pledging to #StayHomeWithAscott
As you embark on culinary adventures in the comfort and safety of your home, be part of The Ascott Limited’s (Ascott) global activity by capturing and posting these stay-home cooking/baking moments on Instagram. CapitaLand Hope Foundation (CHF), the philanthropic arm of Ascott’s parent company CapitaLand Limited, will donate US$10 for every eligible pledge with the #StayHomeWithAscott hashtag from 20 April to 4 May 2020. The donation will go towards Save the Children’s global food security and assistance programmes, serving to support about 12,000 underprivileged children affected by COVID-19 in various parts of the world. For every pledged donation of US$10, it goes towards providing food for a child over 20 days.
Starting with a base donation of US$100,000 from CHF, we are rallying the global community to reach for the US$200,000 donation target with your pledges. Here is how you can #StayHomeWithAscott:
Be sure to set your Instagram profile to public! This activity is open to everyone, whether you’re staying at your own home or at our serviced residences and hotels.
Home – your safest destination
The Ascott Limited’s serviced residences and hotels in over 30 countries globally offer more than just lodging. As an international lodging provider for both long-stay and transient travellers, for business and leisure, many of our guests call Ascott their home away from home and count on us to provide security and comfort.
Ascott hopes to rally the global community to #StayHomewithAscott and embark on culinary adventures in the comfort and safety of your home, something you can do too if you are staying at our properties.
Whether you are an Ascott guest or staying at your own home, we are enabling everyone to stand united to fight COVID-19.
#StayHomeWithAscott is part of Ascott’s community support to fight against COVID-19. For more information on how Ascott is providing lodging support to provide safe homes to the global community during this period, click here to read news release.
CapitaLand Hope Foundation, the philanthropic arm of CapitaLand, was established in 2005 to further CapitaLand’s community development commitment to ‘Building People. Building Communities.’, by recognising that the long-term success of the company’s business is closely intertwined with the health and prosperity of the communities in which it operates.
Every year, CapitaLand allocates up to 0.5% of its net operating profit to CapitaLand Hope Foundation. The Foundation is a registered charity in Singapore which promotes the social growth and development of vulnerable children with respect to their education, healthcare and shelter needs. The Foundation also strives to improve the quality of life for the vulnerable elderly through healthcare, deeper social integration and better living conditions. Going beyond donations associated with charitable giving, the Foundation also focuses on giving time and attention to its beneficiaries through advocating volunteerism. The strong commitment of volunteers embodies CapitaLand’s mission to care for and contribute to the economic, environmental and social development of communities.
Save the Children is a leading independent humanitarian organisation for children. It was established to improve the lives of children through better education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in crisis, natural disasters, war and other conflicts. Save the Children is made up of 29 national member organisations across 120 countries. The organisation promotes policy changes to gain more rights for young people and coordinate emergency-relief efforts, helping to protect children from the effects of pandemic, war and violence. Save the Children believes that every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Its mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. For more information, visit www.savethechildren.org.
• Instagram users will be eligible to submit entries (Submissions) during the period 20 April 2020 to 4 May 2020 (GMT+8).
• For the pledge to qualify as a valid Submission, the following conditions are to be fulfilled: (a) Instagram user maintains a public Instagram account throughout the stipulated period and the published post or story uses the designated hashtag #StayHomeWithAscott, and (b) Instagram user is required to post a visual or audio-visual content featuring their cooking attempt of their selected food dish on their Instagram feed or story, or (c) Instagram user may also add the designated hashtag #StayHomeWithAscott to their existing Instagram posts of similar content to qualify as a valid submission.
• CapitaLand Hope Foundation (CHF) will donate US$10 for each submission. This adds to the base amount of US$100,000 that CHF has committed to the cause. Total of up to US$200,000 will be donated to Save The Children, in support of their COVID-19 food security and assistance programmes.
• The Ascott Limited reserves the right to judge the quality of submissions and finalise the eligibility based on his/her subjective opinions. The decision made by Ascott will be final and non-negotiable.
• By participating, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his or her Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission and any intellectual property arising there from or contained therein; (b) the Submission is entrant’s own creation and is one hundred percent (100%) original; and (c) the Submission does not incorporate any material or content that is owned or created by anyone other than entrant and the Submission will not infringe on or violate any rights of any third parties or any federal, state or local laws, regulations or rules.
• By uploading your submission, you irrevocably grant to The Ascott Limited (Ascott) and its agents the unconditional and perpetual rights to post, display, publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or modify such submission in any way, in any media, for any purpose, without limitation and without consideration to you.
• Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
• Submissions must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
• Submissions must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination of any kind, whether based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Ascott reserves the right to refute, in its sole and absolute discretion, any submission deemed inappropriate or that does not comply with the participation guidelines.
• The decision made by Ascott on all matters relating to the contest shall be final, binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entertained.
• Ascott shall not be responsible or liable for any claims, losses, damages or injuries arising from and in connection with any participation in the activity.
• In participating in the activity, the participants and his/her guest agree to be featured in any collateral for publicity and announcement purposes by Ascott.
• The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram and Facebook.
• In participating in this activity, all information that is provided by the participant is given to Ascott and not to Instagram and Facebook.